I/O Analyzer has the following minimum system requirements:
- VMware ESX/ESXi version 4.0 or later
- 16.5 GB of storage space (additional space recommended)
- 1 vCPU and 2048 MB VM memory
- A supported Internet browser (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)
- Uncompress the zip file, extracting the I/O Analyzer .ova file.
- Place the .ova file on a Windows system on which you have the vSphere Client software installed.
- Within the vSphere Client, click File > Deploy OVF Template...
- In the Deploy OVF Template window, click the Browse... button, browse to the I/O Analyzer .ova file, click Open.
- Again at the Deploy OVF Template window, click Next. At the OVF Template Details window click Next.
- At the Name and Location window, enter a name for this I/O Analyzer virtual appliance (the default isIoAnalyzer), select the cluster or ESX host on which you want this appliance to run, then click Next.
- At the Datastore window, select the datastore where you want the I/O Analyzer virtual appliance files tobe stored, then click Next.
- At the Disk Format window select the radio button for a provisioning type, then click Next.
- Deploy the appliance always as Thick Eager Zeroed.
- At the Network Mapping window select the desired network, then click Next.
- At the IP Address Allocation section select DHCP, then click Next.
- At the Ready to Complete window click Finish.
The default username of the appliance is root with vmware as password.
Choose System - /etc/sysconfig Editor
Choose Desktop - Display manager - DISPLAYMANAGER_AUTOLOGIN and enter root
Verify settings with a reboot